View Single Post
Old 2008-01-16, 12:13   Link #899
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
We already sort of had that with the Durandal and Ray duo.
We had that and it was a weak duo. One mind-rape made by Kira supposed to mess up everything Dullindal built and raised within Rey throughout years. WTF?

Quote:
The style of Destiny was to not spell out the Destiny Plan until the very end, so what you're proposing would be a very different show.
Yup. And again, I think that'd be a much better show.

Quote:
Moreover, it also seems to fall into the pitfall of not really working as a Gundam show.
Why? There'd be tragic conflict, two sides. Eventually, Lacus' side might win, but for bigger price. Destiny had a great chance to be exceptional and even more intense than SEED but they messed it all up. And as I see so far many users here shall probably agree: The fact that Shinn lost his main protagonist status on the course of the show was catastrophic.

Quote:
I don't think the Destiny audience was ready for more ambiguity. As it is, there's a lot of viewers who have a hard time accepting that Durandal was the villain.
I think he was indeed a villain. It's easy to make an interesting one that is just a heartless Machiavellist. But still, he'd make a great mentor. The idea of a perfect world may really appeal to someone who really has nothing really to rely on but his memories of people he lost (Shinn).

Of course it does not have to be that extreme to turn Shinn into Lelouch. It was just one of my ideas. But why I chose this character? Because it was a great example of how to make a likable villain who would also do just great as the main protagonist of the show. When I first saw the poster of grim-faced Shinn walking with a gun, I thought - now, that's great, a dark hero! But then Shinn just turned out to be yet another combination of Kira-like crybaby and Athrun-like harsh soldier with "yasashii" heart... Bleh, and he started so wel.l.. First half of the season was very exciting to me.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote