View Single Post
Old 2011-03-02, 19:07   Link #22143
Shirozaki
白の魔法使い

Send a message via MSN to Shirozaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Let's see your opinion after you read the actual WW2 history of what the German, French, Japanese, British, Russian, US, or pretty much every country's army did to their adversary (or even allies) for the prosperity of their nation.
I have read countless WW2 and past-WW2 records and I have to say that's simplifying matters to the extreme, so my opinion stands the same.
It was circumstantial power of near-insane people who were forced to kill or get killed which drove people to do those things.
(I have to admit, germany's a different thing, we're dealing with a near-fictional level of antagonism here.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
It's not about sympathy, it's looking beyond the deed and searching for reasons, explanations and maybe search a way to understand what drove those people so far.
I would never ask anybody to embrace those people for what they are in that moment of murder, but to say that they turn into animals the minute they do anything like that is equally wrong.
Those are very romantic thoughts, which work in fiction but rarely in reality.
That does define having sympathy for a murderer quite nicely for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
If we have a deranged maniac, who has gone so far beyond social capabilities in his madness that he can never again function in society without hurting anybody, measures have to be taken.
Okay, that is so very, very wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherringford View Post
Uh yes. Being emotional does not turn you into a moron.
Unfortunately it puts you on an equal level more than often though.

Quote:
NO ONE IS MORALLY OBLIGATED TO BE JESUS AND RISK THEIR LIVES FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO KILL THEM.
Unless your name is Ushiromiya Kinzo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Trust me Sherry knows what he's talking about. He was playing the murderer in one of our games at Golden Gameboard and I tried to disarm him and knock him out using nonlethal force and martial arts movie logic. The guy shot me in the fucking chest and metaphorically killed me. Running away, using non-lethal force, etc is an idiot's move when someone's trying to kill you.
We've had the same scenario with Rudolf and George.
On a similar note, locking yourself in a closed room is equally bad. Poor Kyrie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I really want to clear up that though hagurama keeps agreeing with me, I don't agree with him. Please don't think he at all represents the angle of points I'm making, guys.
Dang it, and here I thought it was torch and pitch-fork time.

AuraTwilight:
Congrats, you're a theatergoing witch.

You asshole.
Shirozaki is offline   Reply With Quote