Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Hmm...blue eyes and white silky hair...

Somehow, she reminds me of this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Which kinda suits her character, really.
Very fitting.

In addition to what you pointed out, she is smart and devious enough to be Seto Kaiba's daughter, lol.

Pretty interesting first episode, that I checked out largely due to totoum's suggestion.

What I find most interesting is how a fair number of recent, prominent female anime characters wear these "moe masks" that hide a very different and harsher/sharper (depending on how you look at it) personality inside, and that this is the latest anime show to have a major female character like this.

Other characters like this were seen in Accel World, Chuunibyou, and Kokoro Connect.

I wonder what this trend might be pointing towards? Growing cynicism towards moe ideals best represented by, say, the K-On! girls? Maybe anime writers and mangaka and light novel writers just tried of more standard moe archetypes and hence wanting to invert them, or at least subvert them, a bit? In any event, I do find this recent trend of sly, smart, pretentious, moe mask-wearing anime girls to be intriguing.

I also like the male lead of this show, Eita. A young man with a practical life/career goal that makes him very studious and industrious. He appears to be very different from most other anime romcom male leads, with the possible exception being that he seems to have a touch of chuunibyou to himself. So far, I like him. On the whole, I like how this anime has both of its leads starting from very cynical positions towards romance, which is pretty distinct for an anime romcom.

Overall, it's looking promising so far!