View Single Post
Old 2010-01-09, 23:35   Link #1488
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Kinetic, Heat, Electricity, Sound, Radiation, Light- Pretty much anything that has a direction.

The key word is direction.
If we're talking about how difficult it is to calculate things, Electricity and Heat are almost impossible to predict in their trajectories. By the way, if Accelerator can only control the things that he can touch, then he shouldn't be able to control Heat or Electricity.

Electricity - functions on the basis that charged particles want to be neutral. As a result, negative particles want to go to a highly charged area. If Accelerator pushes the direction of the particles in one direction, as soon as its out of his control it will immediately turn around. Being able to control the direction of electricity requires being able to control the charge of his body - he has to make his body so negatively charged that the electrons would literally jump off his body onto his target. He can probably negate electricity, but he certainly can't shoot it out.

Heat - Heat transfer is from particle to particle. As soon as Accelerator transfers it to the nearest atom heat is now out of his control. Again, maybe he can negate heat attacks but he certainly can't shoot it out.

Kinetic, Sound, Light and Radiation seem pretty reliable to me though. After all, sound is directly related to kinetic energy and light/radiation can be linked to kinetic energy when they are acting as particles (iffy, but whatever. Light's weird anyways).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Acceleration just what his given title is but he can't increase its speed. I read it here before but the thing is he can't increase its speed BUT he can force all its direction into a single one making it stronger and faster than before but he cannot alter one vector value.
Maybe he can combine vertical and horizontal velocity, but he certainly can't give a stationary object movement just by redirecting existing forces (because the net force is 0, changing the direction of a 0 magnitude velocity vector won't make it move). Turning a stationary can into a flying object requires adding an imbalanced force. By the way, don't even suggest that Accelerator can redirect opposite forces to face the same direction. Equal and opposite reactions are a property of matter: no force can exist without a partner.

He must be able to increase speed, otherwise the feats he's been accomplishing so far can't be possible. My guess is that his ability to create his own force is just limited by his calculation abilities?

Assuming this is right I'm guessing he can only create simple kinetic vectors, because the other vectors would take too long to calculate? It's a lot simpler to reflect heat than to actually think it up; heat is really complicated. What do you think?

Last edited by babohtea; 2010-01-09 at 23:53.