View Single Post
Old 2011-12-21, 06:07   Link #130
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
When I think kiddy, I'll be honest, Gundam AGE does not come to mind. Its more obtuse and of broader strokes than its predecessor 00 but its not what I think of when I think kiddy. That, to me, is exemplified and expressed by deformed proportions ala digimon or pokemon, and kiddy direction, delivery, and thematics (tying this into my definition of a visual media).
Fully agree, when i hear kiddy i see things like SD, Dora the explorer, Bob the builder and so on, when i heard this show was going to be used to gain a new audience by being a tad bit lighter i was quite surprised really, but when i heard about the 3 generation i was really interested though, the animation part isnt bothering me, it's more the lack of consistency throughout the show, as lots of people have mentioned earlier

Quote:
And while I understand your point with Needless, I cannot say that such an early on *slap in the face* is necessary because the art style of AGE isn't of a deceptive style. I said it before: The kids look like kids, the adults look like adults, and the giant toys flying through space look like giant toys flying through space. Its not extravagantly detailed, its not extra beautiful but there's nothing in this that is making me thing kiddy. Its just plain.
Indeed, and even old Gundam shows tend to mess up the age - look part, with Lt. Burning looking like he was 60+ when in reality he was 39.

Age has different animation, the same as pretty much every AU series.

Quote:

I am not flushing my experience with Gundam down any toilets but I am also not carrying over my opinions/expectations from other Gundam shows onto new ones. I face each show with a blankness of sorts in order to attempt to judge a show on its own merits not on its predecessors (such as the case of Gundam (especially one from, say, UC)) or its lack thereof (such as the case of an Anime original show of some sort (or a Gundam time line with no backing, say 00 or Age)).
Agreed, but would you watch this show if it didnt have Gundam in its name though?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote