View Single Post
Old 2013-04-29, 23:24   Link #57
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Well, but the good thing is it shows which posts are interesting for the readers...
Reading the first 1-2 sentences should probably cover that most of the time. And, just because I may thumb something down, doesn't mean its not worth you reading it.

Quote:
Not all people are the same and appreciates lengthy, informative post that takes a minute to read.
You seem to be Exaggerating. I've come across some very lengthy posts here, but they are very few and far in-between, and I seriously doubt they are numerous enough to complain about(though I admit, I frequent only a few forums here). Besides, if you only want to read brief 1-2 line comments, a forum is probably not the best place for that.

Quote:
Some prefers two sentences that is brief and direct to the point and not some that a two, three paragraphs long.... running around the bush... throwing complicated words that many with need a dictionary just to understand....
If you don't like to read posts full of actual content, you can skip them : /

Quote:
I don't say that those are boring.. but the sad thing is that....only few reads them.... but I might be wrong here....
You probably are wrong, but how did you quantify that?

This is a discussion forum, not a comment section. Generally, the posts in a forum are actually meant to have relatively more content, as the whole purpose is to encourage more discussion, not to be full of quips and funny one-line comments –there are quite a few other outlets for that type of interaction. This is precisely what makes forums unique and why they've survived amidst all the other hype; they provide a place for a more involved type of discussion, and total immersion in some topic. I think its best to let it be what it is.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote