View Single Post
Old 2013-04-30, 01:15   Link #58
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I think the mods were pretty clear about not wanting thumbs up/down, likes/dislikes since it brings us back to square one.

The forum is running fine, for now, without feedback system. Better to keep it that way.
I'll quote your post, Eragon, but this goes to everyone.

I personally did not mean to have any kind of Feedback system, just a Thank-you option and maybe an ability to write a small explanation about it that would only be seen by the one that has received it. It would more or less be a quick-link PM to say thanks to someone, since in the end, it would be more or less a PM, unless all the appreciations would be counted. Keep in mind that if they would be counted, only the overall number would be shown, but every single appreciation would be kept hidden to everyone else to avoid any side-feelings.

On the other hand, the idea of Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down. I cannot say I'm a really big fan of the idea to have a Thumbs Up, but I clearly have no intention of having a Thumbs Down option. If someone disagrees with someone, that should be explained in a post, not by Thumbing someone down and giving new members that come to read the discussion a negative feeling (Same goes for Trolls on YouTube).
I hope you see what I mean.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote