Thread: Beelzebub
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 15:06   Link #3461
yuzen003

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
And that's what I consider unfair. He has no evil plans of taking over the school or god knows what else. He just beat up a few guys, he never did anything as bad as any previous antagonist (maybe except Kuguyama, cuz she was not much of an antagonist either). You're being way too harsh on him, that's what I'm trying to make you see.
In Furuichi's own thoughts as of chapter 170 "I'll start by breaking apart the weak links of the Touhoushinki. This'll be the start of Takayuki Furuichi's advance." He does plan to take over the school to achieve his ultimate goal of being popular with women maybe not as evil as some other characters but not altruistic either.

He's basically been treated like scum because he has a long history of acting like scum. He has been a coward dating back to middle school at the very least (the pool chapter the thugs indicated he has a history of hiding behind Oga). He has a long track record of making sexual comments about women and being seen in compromising situations. These are not always his fault but given what people have seen and heard directly it's reasonable to consider him a future sexual predator. Unwillingness to improve himself, Miki indicated he was smart enough to go to St. Ishiyama but he chose to go to Ishiyama, he chose not to train when En declared war and got stuck on a mountain for a week, and when all the other guys were training under Saotome he ran and tried to peek on the girls. In series it makes perfect sense to treat him horribly because everyone has seen he is a horrible person, he wasn't strong (which in the setting would have excused a lot), never made an effort to become strong and has a personality likely to disgust others.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote