View Single Post
Old 2007-05-08, 11:11   Link #76
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

eh... everyone has their own priorities on what is more important in the way of criteria for whether something worked or not. I don't think it was true to the character for the reasons I've stated. Other people don't see any conflict within the presentation for a variety of reasons - these are the ones I've gleaned:
1) its an ED; anything goes...
2) Its an FMP song and it would be sacrilege to sing it any other way
3) Kona is talented at singing and imitates style as Kagami suggested.
(edit: couple that with Kona singing "male songs" as a growly banshee and "femme songs" in sweet voice as Kaioshin suggests)
4) Aya is not to be questioned

Apologies if anyone thought those descriptions were hyperbolic or insulting.
I consider item 3 a legitimate counterargument but I would be less skeptical of that if she'd sung each song in very different ways. I tend to think Kagami's dialog line was specifically put there as a rationalization because the director knew some viewers would say "eh?" otherwise. If Kona gets to sing more songs later we'll find out. For now, it looks like we got Kagami for 3 episodes and I doubt she sings those sorts of anime songs

<shrug> its really not that big a deal when compared to the overall series and the skill with which they've adapted the source material. I'm actually more concerned that Lucky*Channel is going to be a serious drag if they don't make some serious changes to it by next episode. The same joke 3 or 4 times with variation is funny.... 24 times? Not.

Oh, and a big welcome to new user Willen -- I guess our chat on this got him fired up enough to join