View Single Post
Old 2009-07-06, 03:11   Link #24
Nim

Smile Review

Animation Quality: 7
It didn't blow me away visually, and there were a couple segments that caught my attention as odd, but for the most part I don't expect more then what was given from a show of this genre (which I consider to be slice of life).

Voice Actors: 10
I have zero complains here.

Script: 7
This seems to be the big "omg" section for some people but to me it's really not. I came to this anime to have a good time. The "story", such as it was, provided that and thus I'm happy with it. Perhaps one could say "It could have been more." but taken for what it is, a light bit of entertainment, it's just fine.

Soundtrack: 8
Nothing much to say here. I liked both the opening and ending enough that I still look forward to them when I start each episode (dispite the sheer number of times I've heard them now). The music in between didn't amaze but also left me with no complains.

Editing: NA
I'm not nearly a big enough animation buff to be able to judge a topic like this.

Enjoyment: 10
I did indeed enjoy it. I've watched each episode many times and will gladly do so again given the time. This really is the key section and one that basicly determins the anime's overall "grade" for me. A show can be deep and thoughtful, or a masterpiece artisticly, but if I'm not enjoying watching it then that really doesn't mean anything. K-On let me sit back for 20 minutes and smile. Plenty of other anime don't get that distinction.

Emotional Involvement: 7
It's hard to say because the show really wasn't trying to grab your heart and wring tears out of it. I liked the characters well enough that I was happy for them when they were happy and sad for them when they were sad. Again, I'm not asking for more from the show then that so I got what I wanted.

Overall: 9
An enjoyable way to spend 20 minutes of your time. It's not perfect but then again nothing is (or at least I've not been lucky enough to have seen it).

Last edited by Nim; 2009-07-06 at 03:34.