View Single Post
Old 2011-07-11, 13:23   Link #76
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Body Parts That Were Lost And It Wasn't An Arm
I LOL'd
Quote:
Then what's the point? Theorizing, and speculative discussion is MORE than half the fun.
My opinion rests somewhere between yours and Haak's. Back in HM arc me and some friends would speculate lots about characters, locations, abilities and relationships between characters, and while we had our share of fun, it can't go past a certain point, at which you need more canon information to work with. Also, much to my disappointment, the arc didn't go as well as I had expected - not saying that it's Kubo's fault for not being able to sate my wildest BLEACH fantasies, rather that we overhyped the incoming chapters and were met with "the Antagonizer"...
Quote:
Ichigo isn't a kid anymore. He went through a war. He literally died once and what got back up from the floor wasn't human. (Yes, I know, he changed back, but still...) He used to be the most powerful shinigami out there and then he suffered the humiliation of losing all his powers. He isn't the same person at the beginning of Bleach and I'm not sure who he's turned into.
Ichigo went through a lot, but I really think that losing his powers was supposed to make him go back to a normal life. This arc denies him all the happiness he could have had, but to what end? Would Ichigo ever abandon his world to be with Rukia and the Gotei 13?