View Single Post
Old 2007-04-24, 16:54   Link #52
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. On 2channel, the early consensus was that ep3 is better than ep2 is better than ep1. I think that was probably a matter of getting used to the style and adjusting one's expectations. I think this show pretty much is what it is, and if you can get into its groove, you can enjoy it. The conversations about entering contests and about twins were simple classics that I'm sure we are going to remember, whether we laughed out loud at them or not.

2. As for Aya "overshadowing" her character in the song, we are talking about an ED (sort of) here. Some people complained about no ED before, now the otherwise sensible Vexx complains when we almost get one, and Aya sings it so beautifully. One of this show's strengths is its self-refentiality and breaking the fourth wall. Get used to it. I'm sure that Akira-sama's comments in ep1 were meant to make us think of Aya, the former child star, who may still not be in control of her own finances.

Kaioshin, I am really looking forward to hearing Aya sing that whole song -- and I am sure we will get to, whether on a character CD or elsewhere. Maybe there will be both character CDs and ED compilations. We'll see. And I'm not trying to tease you here, I really do look forward to hearing them.

3. Being a bit of a walking encyclopedia myself (i.e., didactic and boring), I love that aspect of Miyuki. I also like her insecurity, and even her klutziness. It's always better for someone who's perfect to have faults, lol. And her courteous perfection is such a contrast with Kona-chan's "get". I think Anh_Minh makes some sense, though, too: they have to be careful with the Kona-Kagami dominance. But of course, I am most looking forward to the appearance of Sasaki Nozomi's character, Patty Martin.

4. Funniest bits of ep3: Kona-chan fanning herself on the train. Kona-chan telling Miyuki "Good Job." Akira-sama moving over. That last thing was brilliant. I loved how neatly they timed it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.