View Single Post
Old 2012-11-12, 16:16   Link #225
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriand View Post
If he actually is sure that Asuna was trapped in ALO. Which he doesn't. This is probably the fifth time I've said this already.
Objectively, he has no solid proof.
Subjectively, he is damn sure she is because:
1) the very moment Asuna is still in coma, there is another girl with an uncanny resembleance to her in another game
2) that game is by RCT progress
3) Sugou mentioned he "maintain her alive" (directly linked with the flashback the moment he noticed RCT on the cover, and his expression afterwards)

It doesn't take a genius to have a specific lead about that, and even a guy like Agil is asking him to -rescue- her, not to "wake her up".
Also, he states once to Yui that he will definitely make her reunite with Asuna, which means deep down, he is sure he will find her, instead of stating he isn't sure about that.

All efforts he has taken converge to the obvious point that he has a gut feeling telling him she is there, supplemented by hints and circumstancial evidence (mainly Sugou's behaviour and lines).
He has no time to waste, yet does this errand either way, so it is more than just a mere "uncertainty".
Quote:
Also, do point out what he should 'cut to the chase' so I can refute them one by one. Also give some exact examples of him 'waltzing around', so I can do the same.
-Problem between Sigurd and Leefa, which they could actually ignore
-The scene with both of them contemplating the sky
-Actually really at his leisure during Leefa's first rotate logout
-Walking pace in the cave
-His antics regarding his transformation
-Taking part of the faction war

Generally speaking, all actions are well within his personality, which is again not the problem here. His general behaviour in there is, because he is really giving the impression that he is indulging himself in the game, instead to press on. You can argue that it could potentially turn off Leefa, which would be detrimental for him to go alone with little knowledge of the game. But as he already saw, Leefa is an understanding girl, so it wouldn't be a stretch for her to accept to rush in there (especially after that scene in the inn).
Simply speaking, I have a problem how he deals with these above: not what he is actually doing these, but actually doing at this pace.

Feel free to consider these parts "not enough" for you, but my point still stand there with points and perspective leaving me disatisfied. And since I'm not the only one thinking this way, I guess I'm not imagining things (and likewise other people aren't bothered by that).
Quote:
The subplot that barges in is real life. One day you're walking to school and you get bitten by a dog. Random enough, real life. And again, no relevant sub plot is just 45 MINUTES AWAY to solve, not 45 days, and is an important matter to a friend, which you do not seem to able to comprehend.
It isn't real life at all: it is a subplot involving a faction issue in a MMORPG. I can see the importance of it as a former MMO player, but as it stands, it isn't the end of the world if it goes south. Furthermore, should ALO Kirito dies, he will have to go back to square one, as implied by Leefa: you don't respawn where you got killed which would waste many hours they needed to reach the neutral mining town.
This also doesn't mean the conflict can be solved within 45 minutes.

On the other hand, a much more important and pressing matter is at stake.

Of course, he can potentially have the back up of the alliance, but as pointed by Leefa previously, an alliance would not work well if it is the world tree, because it would lead to a huge conflict regarding the permanent flight ability, reserved to a single race, which is a problem since not only you have 2 factions, but Kirito is a spriggan, so it is a third one in the equation.
And that's also assuming he can make such request towards their leader. In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to have Sakuya's agreement for reinforcements for the last dungeon (or whathever the guardians are), but from a practical perspective, such support is hard to expect granted.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-11-12 at 16:26.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote