Thread: Akb48
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-28, 01:27   Link #138
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Damn, they actually did 12 songs?!! Now I'm really regret for planned that oversea trip of mine way too early. With this type of event, I'd thought they'd sing like 5-6 songs max. Not to mention it it includes rare ones like Bird and Sakura no Hanabiratachi that you only get to see in a full concert or the yearly AX.
Damn right, and even an encore. To an SRO crowd.

Quote:
But happy to know their fan also grows in U.S. maybe NYC48 or LA48 is not far off...
Not sure if Akimoto's "business model" could work well in the West, as the showbiz scene is very much different in America, that entertainers are very individualistic, and the mudslinging is considerably vicious.

Quote:
As for Washington Post, went to check. The got Sae and Akicha mixed up in their gallery.

And yeah, the article is condescending.

I don't have problem with them saying that the group's main target crowd is male or even otaku because that is truth. But they should also mention that at this time are are appealing to all age group from 3 year old to 60 years old. And they did more in relief effort than majority of other organization in Japan as well. They are now at a level and referred to as National Idols.
No doubt mochichan has seen that everyone of all ages went to watch and cheer.

Quote:
There really is no need the phrase it the way they did. It's like saying don't get fool by Halle Berry or Natalie Portman's acting, they are really just two hot piece of a@@ that is flirting with male movie goers. Come on...
No surprises that often, without further understanding, the media gets its facts or writings completely wrong as it tries to explain the system and make direct comparisons.