Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-20, 10:26   Link #22559
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
if selling gun becomes illegal ( let's dream) it will simply go on the blackmarket. And as a mexican I think you perfectly know what happens when there's a huge blackmarket mafia.
Let me tell you what I know. Unlike alcohol/sinthetic drugs, mass production of weapons or ammunition requires of expensive sophisticated machinery. The USA goverment is keeping tabs of said machinery (since obviously the weapon manufacturers do not want someone to start an illegal weapon plant that sells the same weapons at cheaper prices), how do I know that? A cousin some years ago asked me to get him one of those machines for his factory, they sell them at ebay *facepalm* at very low prices since the manufacturing sector in the USA is in the slumps. Some time later my cousin received a letter from the USA goverment asking him to register in *blah* *blah* *blah* because he had a machine that could be used to produce weapons. The nerve, we are not USA citizens so the USA goverment can stuff it where the sun never shines. But I bet they send an spy to check once in a while to check my cousin factory.

Therefore if the USA factories that mass produce weapons and ammunition for public consumption shut down, it would not be easy to create an illegal traffic since said machines CANNOT be easly moved and can be easily tracked down (and destroyed if need be).