Thread: Umi no Misaki
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-05, 20:42   Link #1165
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
I avoid ALL manga about the music biz. I was a professional musician (professional means paid to do it.), and worked in the music industry for over 25 years. Even "Beck" strained my suspension of disbelief.
Well... i understand you, but i never forget that these are fictional works... so...

Quote:
So if the Author is working two projects at once, does it affect the output and quality of work?
It depends... Authors have a team of assistants, it isn't like he does both works at the same time. In the the end i think that depends of the quality of the assistants and the quality of an author as the chief of that team. There are a few good examples of authors who were fabulous assistants and thus they jump to their own carreer: Nobuhiro Watsuki (Rurouni Kenshin's author) had assistants like Eiichiro Oda (One Piece) and Hiroyuki Takei (Shaman King).

About your question, Oh Great had 2 projects at once (Tenjou Tenge and Air Gear), i would say that it didn't affect them. Well, he took some hiatus, but the quality of his works is way beyond the average.