View Single Post
Old 2011-02-08, 09:58   Link #105
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Quote:
I'd be more impressed if you would write it out. The premise is lazy as they come, but what the hey, if you're willing to put the effort to put concept to practice, hats off to you. On the other hand, the IS concept is kinda interesting. I wouldn't mind throwing Rheinhart against it for a fun cat and mouse game, until somebody gets cornered. Then, it'll be time to see who's the Manlier Man in a Dark Cloak (TM).

...Hell, I need some guest characters anyways. If you don't mind, I might just feature Alex in a IS League exhibition match, except since this is IS: For Answer-verse rules, he'd be using a Missing Number IS (namely your titled No. 98 "Belial" whose stats actually mesh well with typical Missing Number designs). Shoot, his profile practically screams LYNX anyways (Warning: he might be a little unhinged, and the onus is on you for picking a name like Belial), so at least he won't be a IS pilot for plot contrivance's sake.

No promises on who wins this doubles bout, but it will be fun.
You can actually make him become a "Fallen Angel" if you want, but my main idea was that this guy looks dark, acts dark but isn't actually a bad person, just traumatized by a past event. He still has all his moral indicators. One of my ideas was starting some accidental ho-yay between him, Charles and Ichika (he transfers in shortly after Charles).
He wouldn't have too many interactions with the main cast.

He might pop up from time to time when Ichika sees him and greets him or such (seeing Ichika's friendly demeanor), but I was thinking that he'd be somewhat to the Infinite Stratos franchise what SEED ASTRAY is to SEED... something alternate, that supplements, but doesn't overwrite or so.

He'll mainly show up in a Training IS until the threat showed is really big... which is the case where he will use "Belial" and most probably get quite a scandal after him (or telling the cast to NOT spill out that he has the IS, because he made good friends with at least one of them).

Towards the end, he would come to understand how in the end Lyn ended up in his IS's AI core, why she wanted, etc... and he'll assist in the final battle or whatsoever.

And yeah, a fight with Dynames would prove interesting. (Imagines to stealth fighters fighting each other)
Thing is, Belial is armed with a one-hit kill melee weapon, and his two others are rather long and still cut quite sharply (only problem is that he doesn't draw them out for too long or the weapon itself will melt). I haven't seen anything that can realy match blows for now if the two were locked into melee.

Of course, the fact that my mech can't really "spam" it's weapons is one weakness though.
Which makes me think,

"Belial Usage Strategy" post should be incoming.

Last edited by Terminator98; 2011-02-08 at 21:11.
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote