View Single Post
Old 2012-07-19, 15:05   Link #87
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Personally my new pet theory is that Tobi is some kind of Zetsu offset, a mish mash of the personalities of dead shinobi that Zetsu ate. Hence his ridiculous amount of knowledge spanning generations, his weird body, his personality all over the place, the fact that he call himself No one and his desire to end individuality.
I think that's a really good point, and something I've thought about for a while. I imagine that back in the day, Zetsu saved Tobi (whoever he is) from death, and then Tobi, to return the favor, creates the Black Zetsu, making Zetsu more bad-ass (because let's face it, white Zetsu is just fodder)

I've always been intrigued by the fact that Tobi created the Black Zetsu. I think it's a big clue that often gets overlooked. What is the relationship between Tobi and Zetsu? After all, Zetsu is the last remaining Akatsuki member left on the playing field--why? What's the big conspiracy that only Zetsu and Tobi are privy to????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Apparently in japan the term "god" is very different from our western god. We here have the jewish-christian-muslim idea of god, which is basicly an omnipotent eternal and immortal being, but most importantly its infinite compared to us, it has infinite power and wisdom, etc. So we can't imagine a god being killed because it's impossible by definition. In ancient cultures like in the greek or north mythology the gods were much weaker. An example of that is Thor in recent movies, he is supposed to be an ancient god, but he can be killed. In Shintoism there are many gods, i don't know the details, but my guess is the ideas in Naruto are mainly connected to this sort of religion. I mean a god being some kind of super-animal as it has 10 tails, it being simply a force of nature, and we weren't told anything about it's intelligence. In western culture god is super-intelligent, humans cannot possibly understand that level of thinking, that's the opposite of what we have seen of the 10-tails until now. Someone who knows well Shintoism could probably explain if the 10-tails can be based on something there.

That's a really interesting point there. I wonder what the original Japanese said--probably, the 10 tails is some kind of Kami, or spirit--a primordial spirit from whose essence the whole world was made. I kind of imagine putting the ten tails together would equal putting together an immense amount of power--like putting a whole bunch of nuclear energy together. No wonder why it's supposed to harbor the end of the world: its energy is too powerful to have all in one place. What do you guys think?