View Single Post
Old 2012-09-26, 16:25   Link #93
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
This chapter just cemented even further that Doflamingo will be the next major baddie to be dealt with. And to the people that are saying it's too soon for that to happen, just think about how much material and characters still need to be explored in-depth before the story is over. We're already past the halfway point; Oda seriously has to get things moving, and now is the perfect time for Doflamingo to be fully showcased to us. He's been long overdue in that regard anyways.
To all of the people saying Doflamingo will be the next villain, somehow I find that hard to believe. Doflamingo has been set up as an uber-badass evil overlord pulling the strings since very early on in the series, so I have a feeling that Oda is gonna keep this guy around until the end. If they make him face the strawhats now, won't that mean the strawhats will have to put him out of commission?

Also, reason number two is that, I dunno if they can take on Doflamingo yet. His power is one of the strongest and most sinister shown in the One Piece series. He easily dispatched Oars Jr. and used Diamond Jaws against his crewmates. Also, he's been shown to have control over the pacifistas (maybe this is what they mean by Luffy beig a better vessel than Law, perhaps they wat to make them the next prototypes for the Pacifista), as well as having the support of the WG/Celestial Dragons and a badass chemical weapon.

I think they will fight some of his crew but part of me feels like Dofla is too strong for Luffy and will get taken out by Blackbeard, or another Yonko. Also, Big Mom is another possibility for an upcoming antagonist. The strawhats are already on her bad side and it's only a matter of time before they fight.