View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 21:46   Link #2381
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
When you say "defense", do you mean a character's passive toughness against attacks that hit?
When I say defense, I'm referring to the character's defense ratings. Those can be found here.

Quote:
And on that note, how would you expect a match between a skilled Shamal player and a fair Yuuno player to go? When Shamal fought the Dark Piece Yuuno, I think she basically wore herself out wearing him down until he disappeared? Does that seem accurate?
I honestly haven't seen any sort of PVP matches and for the record, I'm no expert Shamal player. All I can say is that the Shamal player has to know how to make the best use of her move set to control space and limit Yuuno's options of approaching. Because as we all know, Shamal is not a combat oriented character and has few options of dealing real big damage.

Quote:
Yuuno sure seems to have a lot of effective combos, and more than a few characters have very few. What's up with that? Is it a sign that the designers spent more thought on certain characters than others?
I can't comment on that since nobody really knows what went through the minds of the game designers when they were crafting move sets and putting the characters together.

As for what Meltyred said, I'm not quite sure how effective it would be in a PVP environment. The thing is that Shamal's tornadoes aren't terribly fast, even with the Cyclone Shield directing them. Her teleport only brings her to close range and not necessarily right in front of the enemy's face.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote