View Single Post
Old 2006-07-02, 22:37   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Oversized Animated Anime GIFs

Hey, hey … I’ve wanted to start this thread for awhile now, but haven't had the time lately.

I always see one or two really great scenes in an episode that I think would make a funny or poignant or just flat out silly animated GIF. However, that scene is such that it deserves to be larger dimensionally (larger than 100 x 100) or it requires more frames than what would fit in under the Suki 50K avatar limit.

Thus this thread is for large, but not too large, animated anime GIFs. It’s open to all the GIF makers here at AnimeSuki and anyone else that doesn’t read our forums. I only have a few suggestions to keep the thread viewable to everyone.

I tend to ramble on a bit, so please at least read the bolded text. If you’re interested in my full thoughts, click the spoiler button.

» A file size limit of 800 Kbytes.
Spoiler:
I would also suggest that we don’t post “full screen” stuff either. In my experience, full screen animated GIFs can look quite nasty. If the original image is 640 x 480, I usually, if I want the entire shot, divide that by two (320 x 240), or I crop them in an unusual manner (such as 520 x 150) to capture the key motion that I want. But this thread can be used for size experiments as well.

» Post only one oversized animated GIF per post.
Spoiler:

» This is not a request thread. Please do not request animated GIFs in this thread. It is for displaying work only. If you have a request, contact a GIF maker by private message or post your request in the Workshop for Avatars, Signatures, etc. thread.

» Please post only GIFs that you created. Please don’t post anything here that you haven’t created yourself.

» Anime GIFs only.

All the rest of the normal forum rules apply to this thread (no p0rn, no Hentai, no farting cats, keep it PG-13, etc., etc., etc.).

Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote