Thread: Licensed Mushishi
View Single Post
Old 2006-08-10, 09:47   Link #448
Cal-Reflector

It was rather difficult to keep track of the direction of the latest dialogue: Venice, how to pimp Mushishi, ongoing plot versus episodic.... Ill go with what i have experience with; pimping Mushishi.

I suppose it all depends on who youre selling Mushishi to... if its a seasoned anime viewer, i think asking them to watch the first two episodes will suffice. For those who havent seen anime, something with all around conventional appeal might work better; my friend and I thought R.O.D. OAV was a good choice for this, since it is short and filled with substance in many aspects.

For those who have a poor first impression of Mushishi... I venture to say that a fair number (not all; its never all) of these are at that point when theyre just getting into Anime (viewed less than... oh, say, 20 series?), and just about everything they see is new and refreshing. On a purely personal case, one reason why Mushishi worked so well for me was because by the time I watched Mushishi Ive already seen plenty other shows in major genres; Mushishi was in a unique genre and done in an unconventional. But for those who havent become saturated with the regular stuff yet, Mushishi may be just boring.