View Single Post
Old 2012-01-03, 23:25   Link #1925
Vena
Carpe Diem

With Christmas Break over and my return to my powerful-Skyrim running desktop, I finally realized the Zombie Apocalypse on Whiterun... and boy was it fun and brutal.

I spent the better part of the day dragging corpses (permanent world ones, like "Nord" and "Breton" and "Corpse") from all over the world with Twin Souls + Dead Thrall, and pilling them up in my house. Killed countless Bandit Chiefs, Conjurers, Pyromancers, Storm Wizards, Cryomancers, Dremora, and a few random passers-by who were under the stupid LVL 40 cap (since I was 50 at the time, Imperials, Storm Cloaks, Guard, all were "too powerful" for Dead Thrall), and put them in my house too. In the end, I think I piled up (by cap) 15 of the latter since respawning bodies can only be stored at 15 per cell before the game deletes them all (I did this once by accident, had to rehunt down a bunch of Bandit Chiefs) and close to 40 world corpses and a few named bosses that also never reset. So in the end there were close to 60 bodies piled up in my house, in the Alchemy room, in Breezehome. I equipped all of them with smithed and enchanted gear (needed to level enchanting) where applicable and where the Thralls would accept the upgraded gear (mages do not accept upgraded gear, the little pricks, but I did pimp out a few Bandit Chiefs with Daedra Weapons and Twin-Enchanted Steel Armor).

The final component was the Ritual Stone.

Used that in my Alchemy room, watched 60~some corpses come back to life, stepped out side, shot a guard, and lolled as 60+ zombies annihilate every guard and citizen in a matter of seconds (while also conjuring/raising a small additional army of Atronarchs and Zombies (had some necros and a couple of Master Vampires)).

Best part of it? Game glitched and that army is still alive and it seems that all of them are considered Dead Thralls. (Though if I fast travel anywhere all but two disappear, so I have to walk everywhere with my army in tow.)
Makes the game fairly boring, honestly... but hilarious.