View Single Post
Old 2012-03-02, 14:03   Link #130
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
It was already explained in this episode im not sure how you missed it. Haruka went along with the Plan to save Shu from the burden of the Kings Hand. Eventually the use of Void power will corrupt your DNA and you will die. So she went along with her brothers plan because it was better for Shu to lose an arm than to lose his life. Everything she has done has been for Shu's sake her deeds looked evil but she did them to save his life, honestly she is more of a mother than most of us gave her credit for even though Shu is not hers by blood. Im not sure how you saw Haruka's explanation about the burden of the Kings as nonsensical.

Shu did not ignore everyone he addressed them as a group when he asked for permission to use their Voids one more time. He only addressed Ayase face to face because she was there in front of him laying on the ground as she begged him not to use the Genome again.
I thought that the third genome is the one which will corrupt the user, it will be worse for Shu as he takes it the second time and the third genome is stronger than the rest of the genomes. Shu was perfectly fine when he used the genome the first time and as after 17 episodes he doesn't have any side effects so I merely assumed that his body has become resistant to the genome.

It still doesn't explain why she didn't just stole the genome earlier and doesn't follow the whole plan and just tell Shu that he needs to amputate his arm because supposedly he will be infected. At least Shu wouldn't suffer all that emotional trauma and have a higher risk to be safe (because logically Shu would have died because of blood loss and no medical treatment). In the end Shu still takes the third genome and he's now in higher risk of death. Haruka's actions makes him more burdened than before, so actually everything she did was pretty stupid to me. And why can't just Gai takes the third genome if it's already in Keido's possession to begin with?

Well, at least he ignored Argo and Tsugumi. He only acknowledges the others just to use their void. He had more meaningful conversations with both Ayase and Haruka than all of them.