View Single Post
Old 2016-09-08, 07:14   Link #63
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Sorry for the necro, but there are a few developments for us military (arcade) game players out there.

1. AW just made available for download a Public Test Server (originally it was only available for the RU community, but now there is an EU/NA version just for us RoW) where you can test the preview of the Lords of War mode (PvP 5 vs 5 in teams where prestige -and therefore rewards- is earned on the basis of win streaks). Note: there is a solo mode for LoW, but the queues are horribly long.

2. AW will soon introduce a new game mode called Global Operations, which is a mixture of PvP and PvE.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's essentially a 15-minute, 15 vs 15 PvP match, except with the following perks:
  • Ability to respawn!!!! (this was heretofore only possible thanks to a single-use Field Rebuild Kit)
  • Points are no longer computed according to player skill but capture tickets (just like Battlefield's Conquest mode)
  • Dynamically-changing primary objectives
  • Capturable secondary objectives, which will grant the capturing team abilities such as calling AI tank bots for support or even B-2 bombers for carpet bombing, activating automated tower defenses or even resupply areas (no more running out of ammo!)
  • Ability to modify the map (lowering or raising bridges to facilitate/deny access)
  • AIs that can attack BOTH camps
  • Better artificial intelligence for the bots for greater challenges

The only map that'll for now support GO is a massive one called Desert Crossing, centered around a port with a massive aircraft carrier whose flight deck you can access thanks to interactive bridges.

3. Balance 2.0 will bring changes in physics, penetration models, vehicle armament (autocannons are being nerfed, while ATGMs are being seriously buffed), a new garage with armor inspector.

At this very moment, Boot Camp Fresh Batch is in full swing (the tracker is finally running!), so be sure to play at least 2 matches with a Tier 1 vehicle, then 2 matches with a Tier 4 to get your 4 daily rewards (maximum of 150,000 credits and 3,750 rep each, depending on the highest-tiered vehicle sitting in your garage). But before that, make sure to play at least 1 PvP or PvE match with your highest-tiered vehicle (in my case, a Tier 10) to kickstart your event tracker.

Right now I'm gathering the funds for my FV510 Warrior; the BMOP Ramka-99 I bought after maxing out the BMD-4 is a bit underwhelming despite its 4 missiles, but the Warrior has MUCH better penetration despite a rather tricky small ammo clip (it's kind of like a Fox or Begleitpanzer-57) and the absence of an ATGM launcher. Maybe if I grind a little harder I could even max out my long-eschewed Akatsiya and get the Panzerhaubitze-2000.
Spoiler for Vehicles I bought since my last post:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2016-09-09 at 17:29.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote