View Single Post
Old 2010-12-27, 05:46   Link #15
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
On the thread's original topic, I have a question regarding something I've been seeing mentioned regularly on topics about anime's produced by the studio (specifically Bakuman and Index II) where the drop of quality of these shows is related to the problems with their outsources. Is there any information about this matter?
I don't think there's going to be any information aside from idle speculation. In terms of staff and scheduling, J.C.STAFF isn't the only studio to encounter problems. For instance, Madhouse and A-1 Pictures have struggled with Iron Man and Togainu no Chi, respectively. Earlier, SHAFT had problems with Dance in the Vampire Bund, so I'd guess that the availability of talent has become less predictable. It's a bit strange for three reputable studios to fall flat on their faces simultaneously.

[While I don't know if this is related, competition for work amongst animators has become pretty fierce given the decline in the number of projects. Consequently, people (and perhaps animation assistance companies) are trying to line up lots of work ahead of time, sometimes double booking. If so, I wonder if this can explain unexpected resource shortages or schedule delays.]

Going forward, studios might want to rethink how they plan and coordinate projects to prevent such issues.

Quote:
While there are indeed 'better' studios like the Kyoani and Bones etc. I would consider JC Staff my favorite because more often than not, their choice of series usually clicks with me the right way.
They're kind of a reliable favorite for me, in terms of both content and production. J.C.STAFF rarely produces masterpieces, but you can usually count on them to make something nice looking and above average in quality (plus I love their art styles and knack for animating tsundere characters).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote