View Single Post
Old 2012-11-20, 14:40   Link #7903
Seihai
スマイリウム

It's no coincidence that he was chosen for the task. First of all, all the goddesses are at Maijima. Keima has the most connection to the first Goddess inside Tenri, and so the upcoming issues about the Goddess naturally fall into Keima's hands. It all adds up when you line up the events. We don't know who exactly put Keima into all of this dilemma but that he is in it to begin with is surely not a small matter of "oh Elsie thought he'd be good so they suddenly started to be the ultimate capture team and help New Hell out of its mess while saving all Goddesses". You should just read ahead because the current arc shows a lot about Keima's past and he'll also receive an important mission he has to fulfill (which only he can fulfill).

Some people might think Wakaki is pulling something out of his ass so he can keep it interesting but I personally believe that while he doesn't plan years ahead for the story, he still knows what will come next and he keeps all the dots connected which I find quite fascinating. At least I don't feel like something is out of place. Actually he's pretty good at foreshadowing relevant events that occur in the future. Or he might be reusing old information to add new relevant plot elements but either way the result is all the same. Kaminomi is as fresh as it used to be to me.

And again, read on. You mustn't miss stray neko Elsie!