View Single Post
Old 2009-11-10, 09:51   Link #3004
Neofio3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
I think I need to say this again: the notion that Kyrie caring for Maria FOLLOWS Beatrice caring for Maria.

I think except Rosa having constant contact with Maria, anyone normally would only meet her once a year. So whoever X=Beatrice you propose, you also have to overcome this difficulty. Unless you could argue that Beatrice does not love Maria.
"Beatrice" (the witch) is the sum total of conditions that occur within Rokkenjima's two days (which means all circumstances, culprits, and cataclysmic accidents which lead to everyone dying are her. In that sense, she's the same as Lady Lambdadelta's role in Higurashi). She is "magical" and is the one in constant contact with meta-battler, and in league with MARIA over marriage sociere. Maria plays with her in her imagination, which is why she and Maria are friendly.

She is also not real (the same as meta-battler) and will disappear in a poof of logic if the tales comprising her become undone.

"Beatrice" (the culprit) is a separate entity in the island. She is a real person responsible for plotting and scheming to murder, and may or may not even look like Beatrice. This "Beatrice" could be Kyrie, or George, or Jessica, or whoever, as Beatrice's "proxy", her "arms and legs" in the form of a human killer. This person has completely separate motives than witch Beatrice, which means that while Witch Beatrice may care for Maria, it does not necessarily follow that Beatrice's proxy in the gameboard does.

Again, I direct you to Lambdadelta in Higurashi.

Lambdadelta cares for Bernkastel. Is absolutely fanatical about her, in fact. But 34's proxy, Takano Miyo, looks at Furude Rika as a tool, at best. It absolutely does not follow that Beatrice's motivations and her tools (which includes a living "Beatrice" running around killing people) have to follow the same thought patterns.

Quote:
Your assumption that Beatrice and Maria only contact each other once in a year can be faulty, Maria was left alone at home many time, she could have met Beatrice without Rosa's knowing. Or they could contact through telephone, or letters. They need not communicate only during family meeting.

As someone has said before, Ange and Maria was kind of similar age, they probably play together during the family meeting. It was during these period Ange was invited to join the alliance (I have forgotten the name). Kyrie played along with her daughter and Maria was possible as long as she was not cold-blooded. Ange and Maria definitely contacted each other frequently. So Kyrie did have many opportunities to familiarize herself with Maria. She saw Maria as her second child was not impossible through this reasoning.
Which still doesn't make sense. It would be like Eva killing George and Hideyoshi because she felt pity for the family bullying Rosa.

Yes, she has reasons to love her, but not enough to murder people she cares even more about. If Kyrie is such a loving person, then she would simply love Rudolph more than she loves Maria (11 years can attest to that). Her killing not just Rudolph, but everyone, for such a pithy reason smacks of inconsistency. It must therefore stand to reason, if she is the murderer, that the motive is something else.

Last edited by Neofio3; 2009-11-10 at 10:27.
Neofio3 is offline   Reply With Quote