View Single Post
Old 2012-11-13, 11:47   Link #242
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I don't expect Kazuto to outright abandon Leefa whatsoever, but I would expect him to really not commit himself in that "event" despite he has a much more pressing matter.
He obviously consider Leefa as his friend due to her help and support so far, but that doesn't make her magically important enough to focus on her problem, even if it is for a short period of time.

So really, it is how carefree he is presented so far as ALO Kirito, that's all. If you think he can simply enjoy himself and putting Asuna on the sidelines for this, be my guest. As far as I'm concerned, I exposed the points why I'm not happy about how he is acting in ALO arc.
In the end, I guess all I can say is that I guess the show should have made the connection between the events more clear so we'd understand more obviously what Kirito is thinking. (This is the same as with Kirito's lack of communication re: his attack plan in this episode, and also a bit reminiscent of his actions in Silica's episode, perhaps.) I mean, it's obvious to me in the audience that the things he's doing with Leefa are important to the on-going plot, because otherwise they wouldn't even include them. It makes sense to me why he could reason that helping resolve this guild crisis will directly help him in his all-important quest to get to the top of the world tree and find Asuna. But the perspective we're seeing of Kirito in these episode is mostly from Leefa's point of view, and she's interpreting everything he does from a "he cares about me!" perspective. The ultimate truth of it is that, while he's not the type of person to abandon a friend in need, he still wouldn't do anything that would pose any significant risk to his only true goal.

In the end, if we want to point at the "flaw", it's that the story isn't adequately portraying Kirito's sense of urgency. I guess there are two ways to interpret this: either a) he really has gotten side-tracked into enjoying the game, or b) he's actually thinking of Asuna the whole time, but just not showing it. If it's the former, then perhaps what he needs is some sort of a sign to suggest that there's light at the end of the tunnel, and that Asuna really will be there at the top of that tree. If it's the latter, then the main issue is that we just don't understand what he's thinking due to the way he's being portrayed.