View Single Post
Old 2008-06-01, 19:48   Link #230
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
She and Brera--who is connected to the vajra--both know Aimo. Ranka attracts Vajra with her voice. Something glowed in Ranka's belly one time. (I'm having bad vibes about this. I don't think it's an implant anymore.) Ranka is supposed to be the only survivor in her family from that investigatory fleet. What did that fleet investigate? Not only that, Ranka also has an effect on Sheryl's earring. (The earring came from Sheryl's mother and it's her only memento of her.) Add the fact that Leon is wary of Ranka and possibly the president. Really, the only good thing I can see from all of this is that, the story sure has its eyes on Ranka who wants to be "heard" by everyone. Once she is "heard", what happens next?
That depends largely on why Ranka wants to become a star. While it's clear that she looks up to Sheryl, that on its own isn't a complete reason. I think that an important element of Ranka's character growth will be in showing why she wants to be heard, and the message that she wants to share through her songs.

Quote:
his is also why I don't think Ranka's singing career will work. It would be really good if it did, but I don't see it lasting since people will probably notice something whenever she sings and will start boycotting her. I hope it doesn't come to that. I just don't see Ranka as the "savior" of this Vajra threat. She clearly has an opposite effect. It's sad especially if I recall what she said to Alto about wanting to tell everyone "she exists." If she is meant to sing, then is she also meant to attract Vajra?
The quote you're looking for is from episode three. Ranka tells Alto that when they were trapped earlier in the episode, she felt that she wanted to be able to tell everyone that she exists. At which point Alto raises a critical point: in order to do so, Ranka must first tell them something about herself. Singing itself is just a medium for conveying feelings, and it's those feelings themselves that matter the most. It's not enough for Ranka to prove her existance; she has to find her reason for being, and through that, her own message.

Quote:
As for ep. 10...

Spoiler:
Spoiler: