View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 16:52   Link #1058
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
i really cannot see how the hell his power alone can over come Quincy abilities AND Zanka No Tachi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I don't know why everyone assumes Ichigo will be able to just "save the day the day". Kubo has established some realism. Even when Ichigo fought against Aizen in Karakura, he was only able to make one hit only when Aizen had his guard down by being caught by surprise by Yamamoto's kido. He was only able to stand on equal footing when he attained the Final Gatsuga Tensho that Aizen basically allowed by destroying the cleaner.
Let me try to put this into some perspective. When the hougyoku started to transform Aizen, his reiatsu could no longer be felt by anyone except for Ichigo. Later on in the arc, we found out that this only happens when a beings power becomes so great, that their power puts them in an entirely different dimension of strength. This was a revelation that Aizen was forced to come to after being completely dominated by Ichigo despite not feeling his reiatsu. Basically, Ichigo's post dangai strength placed him in an even higher dimension above what Aizen had become.

Currently, no one has yet to claim anything similar about Yamamoto's reiatsu or anyone else for that matter. When Yama-jii powered up, people knew it because they can feel it. What this means is that Yama-jii's power (for as great as it was) still doesn't surpass that first dimension of power that almost everyone in this series has been confined to thus far.

On the other hand, the potential strength of Ichigo's reiatsu does not just simply lie one dimension above everyone else, but two dimensions or more. So unless Kubo decides to somehow nerf the strength Ichigo had once obtained (perhaps through some kind of explanation or by completely ignoring the issue altogether), he should easily be able to destroy Juha Bach if he can regain the power from that final bankai form. Mugetsu doesn't seem neccessary.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-10-16 at 18:19.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote