View Single Post
Old 2012-08-26, 00:16   Link #165
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Well looks like I can finally stop calling this show Side Arcs Online now!

Pretty good episode overall. I really liked the first half of the episode where it was focusing on the everyday antics of the SAO world and we got some nice relationship development for Kirito x Asuna. I'm not really a shipper, but I did find it warm and cute . Though I did lol at the notion that Asuna did have to have maximum cooking, and she's a girl, and Kirito didn't even help out - he just stood there and watched so ... implied sexism there? .

The second half though I'm more critical. Apart from the obvious eyerolling boobgrab/tsundere moment (sigh...), I did not like the fact that Kirito had to take on the "white kinght" role to save Asuna from being brought back to her guild. I mean cmon! Asuna is a strong person, no need for damsel in distress syndrome.

Also, the fight scenes. I donno, but A-1 Pictures is a pretty damn wealthy studio (It's Aniplex's baby) and we are getting some of the cheapest and shortcut fight scenes in the game. It's not very visually cool to look at and SAO isn't some slice of life/drama show so I do expect some decent action scenes which I have been robbed off since post episode 2, which was the last time I got something visually pleasing action-wise. I mean it's a duel, and I want goddamn proper duel, not some sissy onestrike, slow-motion. This is a real duel for example (Seirei no Moribito episode 3 - spoiler warning).

Otherwise, it was still a pretty good episode and I'm glad that the main plot is back. I was really losing my patience.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote