Thread: Licensed Gakuen Heaven
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-02, 13:19   Link #29
Gankutsuou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asagi
I must say that I got good laugh from that joke version. During the opening credits I was like "omg, this cant be real....or can it?"
I have nothing against shounen-ai/yaoi or gays in general. But this was so overdone that it was just great! And I pretty much believe that I will keep the episode.

And please, all shounen-ai/yaoi fans, do not start to attack me because of this comment. You can feel free and disagree 200%, but for some weird reason, I liked it. And I say it again, I have nothing against the genre or men who likes men.

I'm pretty sure the episode was designed and constructed for people like you (not meant to be offensive. Just people in general who does not take shounen ai seriously.) To get a laugh out of this beautifully done anime series. Personally I downloaded the episode just to see how offensive it was since my friend was very shocked while watching it (not in a good way). It would have been a better parody if it was made somewhat different, in a way that would make shounen ai fans smile and get the day over with. But most of the stuff that was written for the episode was obviously very rude, unthinkably offensive to gay and lesbian people, childish, and degrading.
Maybe you shouldn't label it as just "APRIL FOOLS". Add in the "for homophobes!" Yeah that would be clear to the point.