View Single Post
Old 2012-11-27, 21:32   Link #21
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Tari Tari

With the mediocrity of Hana Saku Iroha and Another fresh in my mind, and possessing what looked like a copy and paste of Hanairo with worse character designs, plus my tendency to dislike all of PA Works' ending stretches, and lacking the Mari Okada that brought that any coherent scripts from that studio at that point, Tari Tari looked doomed. The trailer was generic as hell with no outstanding premise and didn't bring up my hopes.

But I was wrong, they really could do it. Tari Tari won't win any awards for anything, but it's a simple heartwarming story that brought upon great comedy which never overstayed its welcome. The fact that they even created a character of any value using Minko's design as a base is simply to put it, a miracle. But really, it was an uphill battle and I think Tari Tari is my favorite anime out from PA Works.

YuruYuri (season 2)
I was thinking this anime couldn't possibly maintain my interest since it usually revolves around the same gags. First few episodes did seem to be wearing thin, but this series seems to always surprise me when I think it's done.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote