View Single Post
Old 2008-07-17, 06:09   Link #32
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
No. To draw them proper with a very small details is hard and it will take a lot of time, believe me.

Really ? This is very hard part in animation, you know. One of the hardest.

Proper expressions that are close to real ones is a hard part in animation too.

Well, this isn't really lack of quality. An example of very bright winter day, I think that you saw them and you will understand it, right ? Of course, this bright light for someone can be a bit specific.
Yes, I agree, but be that as it may there is still nothing in this episode that would make me say "Wow, I have never seen anything like this before" in terms of visuals. That I in fact have and have even seen some things I felt were as good or better overall the very same day is what I am saying. Kyoani has had a reputation among anime fans for being the best animator out there, but I'm thinking that they are going to have to share that title or give it up in this age. I don't think anyone will dispute that they are good at what they do in this episode nor that they didn't put in a good effort, but if I were to have not taken the common claims of unparalleled visuals with a grain of salt before watching I think I might have ended up disappointed and unimpressed.

And yes it's not a lack of quality in those scenes, I am not saying this, but I am saying it is a scene with low colour. The intentions don't change the reality of it from an animation standpoint so much as what they are trying to imply with the animation. In this case a very common day for me as a Canadian.