Thread: Handheld Wars
View Single Post
Old 2004-09-22, 09:14   Link #25
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba
I'm not really interested in the console market, but just a thought :
Why do you all seem to think that the previous market experience of nintendo will unsure it's vicory? I mean, I think that the first play station showed to all of us (and it was unexpected) that sony could grab a market that seemed unreachable and do so with one product.
well, the possibility is always there, that's for sure, but the problem is how high that possibility is. If I'm forced to bet all my money on one of them, I think I'll have to put my money on Nintendo, simply because I think it has a high possibility of maintaining its handheld market supremacy this time, maybe Sony will be able to eat into the handheld market with PSP, but I doubt it will be able to topple Nintendo's hold on handheld market anytime soon. the possibility of Sony pulling a Playstation-like miracle again is there, but the chance is not high. Also Nintendo's current hold on handheld market is quite stronger than it had on console market back when Sony released Playstation. But I have to say if I'm to choose between Nintendo DS and PSP, I'll most likely choose PSP.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote