View Single Post
Old 2011-09-26, 09:01   Link #51
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Of course that does bring to question, if this is the only kind of resolution you can bring between Ohana and Ko...what was the point? The Ko/Ohana romance ultimately didn't influence Kissou in any substantial way, nor it's final. It kind of existed in a self contained bubble seperate from the rest of the series that flared with lots of drama initially, but then kinda fizzled out towards the end.

This isn't to say that I think that Ko NEEDED to be removed from the series (though I do admit this is a viable possibility.), but he certianly needed more direct involvement to make the drama surrounding him more relevant to the main plot. Alternatively, they keep Ko, but lower the level of plot drama surrounding him to what's appropriate for how involved he is in the show. Ohana can have a sweetheart back in Tokyo that she can sometimes get a bit flustered over, but the existential angst shouldn't be played up.
Ohana's crush on Ko was used as a means to show her "blooming"; at that age, with her personality and under those circumstances (moving to a completely new environment), existential angst wasn't that unexpected. Perhaps the fact that they've left us with no resolution to their relationship says something about how (un)important it really is. That's what I extrapolated.

Last edited by calorie; 2011-09-26 at 09:16.