Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-01, 22:00   Link #257
novalysis

It's a very fun first episode and a promising start.

Though, for some reason, the scene at the end screamed Idol Material to me. Konatsu is a good singer, though one wonders why she chooses to focus on, say choir.

(From a production stand point, that's obviously due to the fact that the VA is a good singer, so I'd imagine it's rather inevitable that Konatsu will get cast as a decent singer who was denied the opportunity to shine)

Incidentally, the VA for Konatsu is Seto Asami, who also voices Chihaya in Chihayafuru.

I'd say overall, it's a good replacement for Natsuro Kiseki, with a nice male-female cast ratio, something that's sadly lacking in quite alot of anime in recent years.

As for those railing on Angel Beats, I actually think Angel Beats had a very good and interesting premise, that unfortunately couldn't be executed in 13 Episodes given the size of the cast and the ambition of that show.

But the premise and cast size of Tari Tari is straight forward enough that invoking comparisons to Angel Beats is quite invalid. Tari Tari has a much smaller cast size, a much more straightforward premise (it seems) and lower ambitions. Apples and Oranges.

A well executed Slice of Life I think is the most realistic standards Tari Tari should be held up to, in critiquing it. I doubt it'll be in anyway Ground breaking, but neither do I think it will be boring, from a first Episode taste test alone. Subsequent episodes of course, may make me eat my words, or prove me wrong in a good way. We'll see.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote