View Single Post
Old 2012-08-02, 09:30   Link #301
marvelB

Hey, fellas! As I mentioned in the recent chapter threads, volume 67 is out now! Now Greg from the OP podcast gave a summary of the SBS info, which you can find here and here. But for those too lazy to click those links, here's his SBS summary in full:

PART 1

Quote:
Greg: Got Vol 67 and White. Phone is about to die so can't do particulars now but big news is the voice actors for Ain and Binz (sp) have been revealed. Shinohara Ryoko and Kagawa Teruyuki respectively. Very cool. She is a babe.

As for SBS lots of fun stuff but big new character data comes in the form of how often the crew takes bathes/showers etc. Luffy, Zoro & Brook once a week. Chopper, Franky and Usopp once every three days. Nami, Sanji and Robin, every day.

Also, note the sound effects when Zoro eats the bento from Sanji on Punk Hazard, they reveal that Sanji DID put poison and razors in the bento as per their fight!!!

Noted that the squid with Ikaros was indeed his childhood friend that died.

Smoker is responsible for tearing off Tashigi's bra.
PART 2

Quote:
Greg:
Here are the rest of the bits from 67. To see the others, check the previous post.

Vol 67 Cover: Awesome colors!!!

Flap: Oda ponders the meaning of 'Snooze' and draws what he thinks a 'Snooze' might look like. It resembles what would be an acid-baby born to Snoopy and Falcor.

Pandaman: THE SUN FROM Vol.52 HAS APPEARED!!!!

SBS1:
Playful silliness but Oda is full of mirth.

SBS2:
Oda reveals Jinbei's ideas for the naming of his plan:
The Great Strawhat is a Hero Plan
The Great We Adore Humans Plan
The Great To Hell With What History Has to Say Plan

Oda gives us some backstory for Sharly! Arlong was abandoned by his father is Fishman District when he was very young. He doesn't remember his father's face. Then when Arlong was 15 a man claiming to be Arlong's father abandoned a little girl there as well who was born to a different mother. When she was 4 she foretold the coming of the proceeding year's Great Pirate Age.

Nifty!

SBS3:
Oda lovingly explains that the reason Nami and Robin didn't react to Franky's various weapons and such like Usopp etc. is because men and women are different organisms.

Someone asks why Law is a Shichibukai and not the poorly drawn figure they crafted called 'Mr. Kato'. Oda says because Mr. Kato looks weak, like only 2 Belly weak.

SBS4: Aside from the cool discussion of the bento, there's some Wanze-related silliness of no importance to the story.

SBS5: I found this really cool. Another one of Oda's policies revealed. Oda doesn't frequently write lines of dialogue outside the text boxes. He USED to do this at the start and still does it in various forms every once in a blue moon but he doesn't like to because it's his own writing. He doesn't like that because it kind of puts a crack in the fourth wall and might take the reader out of the story.

SBS6: A reader explained to one of their friends that Robin doesn't like exposing her boobs, it's simply that Oda likes boobs. Oda confirms this.

KEY: Oda introduces the main members of the new film staff. Nothing particular of note.

Movie News: In addition to what I posted before BOTH Ain and Binz (sp) are confirmed to be DF users and Ain's hairpiece is the upside down Marine symbol that Z uses. Z's voice is still a mystery but like I said before, I have a feeling it might be Sugawara Bunta.

As for White? Meh. It's an anime book. Nothing of particular use unfortunately. There are some BRIEF interviews in the back which will be a good read for hardcore anime fans but not my cup of tea. Either way, still a nice piece to have on your shelf. It's very colorful and contains the first attempt at a series timeline (albeit broken up and difficult to interpret) but I've got a far more complete version on my site.

Yep! That's all for now folks!

^As you can see, he also talks about OP White a little, though it doesn't sound very interesting, sadly. Anyways, interesting SBS info here. I find the Straw-Hat bathing info rather amusing (so Sanji is the only guy who bathes daily.....), and Zoro eating Sanji's poisoned food is hilarious! But I gotta say that Oda revealing a little about the history of Arlong and Shirley was the highlight of this SBS for me. It's just too bad that he never explained that much during the storyline itself, due to its rushed nature.....

Anyways, aside from that, I also found the Jinbei plan name thing amusing (I especially love that last name listed ). And how can we have an SBS corner WITHOUT the usual boobie jokes? The only real complaint I have is the lack of kid drawings this time around (especially since Oda had done about 4 of them in a row). Oh well, there's always next volume, I suppose.

But at any rate, there ya go!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote