View Single Post
Old 2007-06-12, 23:46   Link #55
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
I always enjoy Lucky Star, but this time it really knocked it out of the park, in my opinion. This show has leveled up!

I can't really point to any one part of the episode, because for me it was a non-stop giggles and smiles fest from the moment I realized Tsukasa was tapping out "barusamikosu" on her phone. The only moment that felt less than thoroughly amusing was Konata and Yui's exchange, which fell a little flat for me. That's a minor complaint against an episode full of awesome, though.

The progression to this point has been constant, but I think this episode finally fully brings the characters out as characters and not punchline-delivery units (they were always written that way, but I didn't feel the delivery necessarily got it across). It wasn't just funny, but heartwarming. Best of all, it was that way the whole way through.

Other notes:
- The store scene was a WTF moment, but hilarious in context of its reference.
- I was hoping Konata's dad would come off as merely enthusiastic and misunderstood. Instead, it's just slightly-creepy. Oh, well, more time for character exposition later. Konata's discussions about him were less creepy and more hilarious, though.
- For some reason, the Mikuru figurine pleased me to no end.
- Miyuki was so adorable! I think I have new avatar material!

And what can follow Lucky Star's best showing yet? LUCKY CHANNEL RETURNS TO GLORY. And it's all Shiraishi's doing! Not only did I find his speech inspiring and utterly hilarious, forcing me to double over in laughter and scrub back to watch what I missed from crippling laughter, but I can relate to his outrage.

Aaah, I am satisfied.
What an outstanding insight on the part of the writers that maybe if they let the man speak a bit more he might do something funny and inject new life into Lucky Channel.