View Single Post
Old 2011-09-16, 06:59   Link #1282
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
You ask me? Easy. Just make something that has the power output of an IS weapon.

If I can compare what's been shown in the anime, Laura's 21mm (.88 inch) HEAVY railgun has power output slightly surpassing 127mm Rheinmetal cannon of modern weaponry (I judged it from the explosion and destruction caused by it on the arena).
Spoiler for Rants, rants, rants:

My useless rant aside, Natasha is using some sort of anti-IS portable weapon in the V6 chapter 1. Unless Natasha is some sort of superhuman with implanted IS core, then we can assume that there's some sort of Anti-IS weapon that not been powered by IS core, and could be wielded by normal human.

Spoiler for Spoiler for Vol 6:

As you see though, her weapon is semi-automatic, instead of rapid firing/ barrage like Gospel's. So, the amount of energy needed would be large enoug. Even then, the possibility is limitless. Not to mention Chifuyu is able to use a real, IS weapon (which judging the length and size, I assume it would weight at least 10-20 kg).

Have our anti-villains bringing new type of high powered missile launcher or beam cannon (or in case of Irish, an I.S. scale beam dagger), and since most people are too cocky to admit conventional weapon is still effective, they'll be caught of guard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Thanks for the reply Zero. Having them use a rocket launcher and the IS pilots being too proud to even try to dodge would seem plausible.
Last question for now- Can Ichika's beam saber attack and hurt human beings? I plan to have him fight "Irish" in the chapter but it'll be pointless if his weapon won't affect "Irish" and he just starts bombarding Ichika with bullets and bombs till the fight's over. I want to make a balanced fight.
Make it Ichika fight unarmed (though still using ByakuShiki), although the rockets will sap their shield for the first barrage, the IS owner aren't too stupid to stay still for the second salvo.

I assume the fight was happened in the urban area, thus Irish & co. naturally has advantage using civilian building as both shield and restriction (an IS is about twice as large as normal human).

It'll be more of (deadly) Hide and seek game with our beloved terrorist using well-hidden weapons around the location and shooting Ichika & co, who fight not to kill but to capture.

So, with combination of proper tactics, it'll took a lot of time to catch them. EthernalRain seems well versed in Infantry tactic, so you may consult him about that one. Frontal assault is way too suicidal, remember.

EDIT: London's age of criminality is 10, even then, I believe there'll be compromise for Irish and his teenage comrades (who is a war orphan and raised by anti-IS terrorist so from certain point of view did not have a choice). Irish' adult comrades might not have a chance to redeem and might be sent to jail for years...