View Single Post
Old 2004-06-10, 11:59   Link #36
Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I play quite some chinese RPGs... but not many are good.. the ones I enjoy include (I don't know whether those english names are official or not)

侠客英雄传 Hero (one of the first chinese RPG I think)
仙剑奇侠传 Pal (the original is the most famous and influential chinese RPG I guess, 2 and 3 are not too good but okay)
幽城幻剑录 Castle (the best chinese RPG in the recent years IMO)
寰神劫 Tie of Heaven (the sequel/prequel to 幽城幻剑录 , not as good as its predecessor, but still one of the better chinese RPGs out there)
轩辕剑 Sword of Emperor (the most famous and influential chinese RPG series I heard, I played 1, 2, 2 side-story, 3, 3 side-story, but haven't touched 4 and 4 side-story yet )
西风狂诗曲 Rhapsody of Zephyr (it's a Korean RPG made by Softmax, but I can't real Korean, so I played the Chinese version. I LOVE this one, and definitely the best in the War of Genesis series)
星辰物语 Arcturus the Curse and Loss of Divinity (another Korean game, the first game by Gravity, the maker of RO, and I really LOVE it too... but the translation sucked BIG time)
风色幻想 Wind Fantasy (I played Wind Fantasy 1 and Wind Fantasy Special, both are great SRPGs with superb stories. but Wind Fantasy 2 is quite bad)

Yeah I think I had played most of the games you've mentioned....西风狂诗曲 & 轩辕剑 & the classic 侠客英雄传... though i couldn't get to my 幽城幻剑录 (its HK version & i need Windows Chinese ver to play it) to work on my WinXP Pro.
Sadly though some of them have bugs in the game..especially 西风 part 1. Since all my chinese games were downloaded via the Net, i couldn't get to upate the patch cos most respective official game sites requires user to have game ID ( something like that)...
Any new RPGs that are in this genre that are out now?
cheers
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote