View Single Post
Old 2011-05-06, 08:34   Link #57
CWW
Lurker

Daaaaaaaayyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuum

I don't know what Yukiatsu was trying to prove there by going into the woods crossdressing, besides getting discovered, but at least the story is moving along nicely, which is absolutely necessary for an 11-episode run.

Great to see how L Tsuruko planned to rile up Kira Yukiatsu. She's sly alright. Not as coy as I claimed her to be. Also, dat side tail. I wouldn't mind Tsuruko getting more screen time if she wore her hair that way more often. Anaru's twin tails, not as successful this time. I really like how their appearances change all the time. Good job, A-1!

And Yukiatsu, what a jerk! Jinta's claim of seeing Menma could be construed as a cry for attention, but he instigated the whole thing by toying with Jinta and deliberately stating to forget Menma's wish, even though that wouldn't be like her. Yeah, maybe it's a cry to himself to move on, but meh, you'll get no sympathy from me! You made Menma cry!

Obviously, Jinta doesn't want to make a big fuss over seeing Menma by convincing others she's there. He doesn't want to be seen as a crazy person, even though he said the contrary in this episode. I think he still believes it's a temporary thing, ghost or hallucination, implied by his 'summer beast' remark, which is lifted once Menma's wish is fulfilled. [edit: also I agree it's not the point of the story.]

As a last note, for a minute there, I thought Jinta found out about Anaru's crush when he remembered her question when they were kids, but alas, we are left in the dark. Anaru fighting!

Last edited by CWW; 2011-05-06 at 08:53.