View Single Post
Old 2008-01-07, 21:44   Link #6
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well I am an American... But I am sick and tired of Republicans. I am a Democrat so no matter who is on the Republican side I will not vote for them. We need a Democratic President, we need to start slowly pulling out of this goddamn catastrophe of a war in Iraq and the Democrats will do that for us. Now I can talk about who I see fit for president on the Democrat side, but that isn't important in the political game right now. We need a Democrat who can win and not one with just good ideals. Hilarly Clinton is not very popular among the people I know so I might want to go with Obama. I don't know though. Not being racist myself, but I am not sure if the U.S. is ready for a colored president. Potentially a lot of states might vote him down for racial reasons. Maybe women would rally behind a women president so it could be Hilary that's better. The fact of the matter is I am rooting for the Democrat who can win, not so much the idealistic one alone.

I don't think that was very coherent, but I tried my best
It's understandable don't worry, everyone has their own views on things.

But I agree, America may not be prepared for a black President, or a woman president, but these two are extraordinary people of extraordinary circumstances. Hillary Clinton from what I hear and have read, is unsentimental, especially when it comes to politics I believe. Also, Barack Obama is a strong speaker, and I hear that he's done a lot of good things in Chicago or something, so there's that. But the war issue, it's not solely the fact that it's Republican, because there's Ron Paul, who is wanting Peace and Equality. Of course that doesn't come with ease, but the foundation of the principles is a start. Besides, Obama is ready to strike Pakistan if Binladen's presence @ Pakistan is confirmed. So that may begin a war.

In any case, everyone's idea differs

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote