View Single Post
Old 2010-05-16, 23:28   Link #3
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Free Will isn't determined, because that would be hypocrisy of nothing being determined except the choice and consequence effect.

I believe people have free will, they just choose not to use it. Or sometimes, not for the better. Ruination is easy, just destroy. Subjugating is easier, just live.

My ideology of Free Will sterns from the belief that people

1) Can decide to do what they want, but they have to live with the consequence of their actions.

2) Will always have it, whether or not they believe they do.

Though in question, Free Will is debatable on a scientific level.

3) are born free, it's the things and people around them that shackle them and imprison them.

I am free, but I cannot disclose the possibility of me writing this actually being appointed - it being already determined in other words. I think I can self-determine myself, but I can't rule out the possible chance of me being nothing.

I think that is what we would be without free will: Nothing. We can live, but we aren't 'living' as we should, and that is by our own actions.

A god cannot be benevolent if it lives your life for you. That is my opinion on the matter, feel free to oppose it.

However, away from what I think. Now then...

Free will is the opposite of determinism, in which an individual is free to choose a path before them, in whatever way the please. In the case an individual will be free to choose what, how, or when.

On this, It wouldn't be dependent on the individual alone, but also the choices or circumstances of others. Free Will is linked to other ideology, and can be influenced as such.

There is a belief that Free Will exists, as we have the right to choose what we do. But what happens, or what we do after choosing what to do - is already predetermined. In the end, free Will cannot be validated in a very easy fashion without extensive theories.

I'll leave the rest to Vexx.

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-05-16 at 23:45.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote