View Single Post
Old 2012-06-15, 02:20   Link #27
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Not almost always, they are always better, as I have explained in my previous posts. There's also another solution ; replace the thermal paste on the CPU. But to do this, you'd have to take apart the whole thing, and because aftermarket cooler is still better than default one you might as well install a new cooler while at it.

I'm not sure how relevant on a CPU but a good case might help too .. If yours is tight and closed with no external fans on the case ; No wonder it runs hot. Replacing the case would get pricey though and doing just the aftermarket cooler should do the job well enough. Just get a good cooler .. I'll still suggest Mugen or Scythe Ninja .. price in medium range but they get the job done well. There's also Noctua but it's in '' high '' price range and it hardly is any better than the former two. But before that you would need to know and find out which socket your cpu/mb is before you go off and buy a cooler that doesn't even fit the motherboard. If I recall correctly your cpu type it should be AM3+ so just look for that specification in a cooler when picking one.