Thread: Feedback Tag Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2008-05-27, 16:10   Link #75
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
In other words, I don't see why you're so pessimistic about it. I think that, with a bit of work, we can make this something useful, relevant, and much more than the "lowest common denominator", and we can do that without either resorting to total elitism or close-mindedness. I have more faith in the forum membership than you do, I guess. We'll get there.
I'm really not pessimistic about it; please don't throw words like that around. I will confirm that I do not trust the forum membership, that I do out of good reasons, but I'm convinced your tag moderation team will tackle this problem just fine. With that in mind, an idea crossed my mind: Would it be possible to set a limited number of times regular forum members can add tags to a single thread? Say, every regular member has only two rounds of adding tags per thread. They could delete them but not edit or add them again. This would help moderators deal with troublemakers as illegal tags would simply need to be removed, you wouldn't even need to apply any punishments (except in global forum cases). The forum system would simply restrain members from doing it over and over again. It might even make them think a bit more before using their two rounds of tags.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote