View Single Post
Old 2011-12-18, 23:11   Link #69
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I think a lot of people keep forgetting that this isn't the typical 1-protagonist-50-episode series. The Gundam's advancements very likely will get adapted to the other units--but not in this generation, where they don't have the time or the resources or the support to do so. As for upgrading the Genoace arsenal, keep in mind they don't have just one Genoace they can upgrade--they have a whole bunch of Zalam and Euba mobile suits they'd have to upgrade as well.
Except no one is saying that the whole coalition force is to be upgraded. They're asking why can't the Genoace just get a new rifle so it can do some damage? The grandpa obviously had time to retrofit the Genoace to have heavier armour. The AGE system cannot be a black box, I don't see why he can't take data from the Rifle and recalibrate the Genoace rifle to give it some punch.

Quote:
Simply put, the AGE Builder cannot do what you want it to do. It is not something where you punch in some custom specs and hope it builds what you want or need. So stop acting like it is.
Apparently you haven't watched this episode at all. Perhaps you should watch it before commenting on this but since I'm in a nice mood.

"That Grodeck guy wants to use the Age system to augment the Diva"
"Is it possible?"
"Well it was built just for the AGE gundam..."
"Crazy"
"Hey look, it worked! A new combat configuration for DIVA"

If it can be reconfigured to build new parts for a warship which is completely different from a MS then getting it for a specific suit shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Again no one is saying it should outfit an entire corps, just one or two suits. How hard is it to understand? I was under the impression that the AGE system would simply be the prototype/concept builder in which case the engineers would then take the schematics and apply it to their tech later on, hence producing better Genoaces down the road.

Or is this part of the poor script writing like how Flit is able to get the Gundam wherever he is?

Quote:
On an unrelated note to the previous statements, how many of you plan on dropping the series if Yurin gets killed?
Given the fact that this series goes 3 generations I do not see why people should be surprised if we get several deaths along the way.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote