Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-29, 17:28   Link #479
macdawson

I find that to be one of the best aspects of this remake, besides the amazing animation. Instead of going the easy way and changing their skin color, like they did for the PS games, they embraced what is one of the most obvious errors/production snafoo of the original and gave that an explanation, wich is much harder to do.

Having just seen the 2nd episode (actually, what i saw was the movie edit of episodes 1 and 2) it's amazing that episode 2 condenses episodes 2 and 3 plus a few bit of 1 from the original, adds a few things and yet it doesn't seem rushed. They cut a lot of fluff from the original, stuck with the essencial and added a lot of new stuff. Couldn't help but smile at the sight of Kodai and Shima in Dr. Sado's office with their faces bruised while Kato's hand (wich hadn't been injured) is being wrapped by the nurse. You don't need to see some long scene of Kato slapping those two silly for stealing a plane, just the look they give one another and at Kato... XD priceless. And Kodai is in a piss poor mood when he boards the Yamato. He leaves the smiling Yuki hanging, hand held out, and just asks where Okita is. Yuki was pissed. XD But best of all is that Shima doesn't look like an incompetent kid who doesn't know how to do his job by forgetting to flip a switch. They need the ship in the air and he gets it there. Awesome pace, the episode seems a lot longer than it actually is with all this stuff but, as i said, no rushed scenes here, they just flow into one another. Spectacular.
Oh, and yes, that is Zentran the Gamilas are speaking. XDDD
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote