Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-20, 22:20   Link #999
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I think it has more to do with the fact he's spent 6 months durring winter with herand they haven't gone past hand holding one of the 2 needs to pick up thier game and in trems of love i think lead is less dense then hero. Her waiting for him to ask isn't helping. Remember Maou is just as much of a virgin.
I agree that in real life hero would have to be 100% gay at this point, but my post is about CJ_Walker thinking the only reason Maou would aggressively want to have intercourse with a virgin (Hero) is because they are catering to otaku tastes (my response was in the sense of "demon girls have a different set of values (as seen in most hentai anime)").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
I dunno, for some reason, I still don't really buy Maou's "shy, innocent virgin" thing. It's just too over the top to feel genuine, and at this stage, I wouldn't actually be surprised if she revealed that it was all an act to get the hero to do what she wanted. Anyone else feeling this?
If this was written by Gen Urobuchi I could smell the troll already, but having Maou betray hero would be akin to Bilbo Baggins betraying Gandalf, it simply is not that kind of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
No. That would cause an otaku backlash similar to what was seen with Kannagi. (We all should remember the "second hand Nagi" uproar.) I doubt anyone would want to go there again.
That is another can of worms, if Maou did betrayed Hero it might not affect DVD/BD sales. If Maou at some point says she is not a virgin (which is utterly irrelevant to the story and to be expected from a demon girl) the disc sales would be cut in half (at least).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote